My Incredible List (Top 100 Songs of All Time)

>> Tuesday, December 16, 2008

*Original Posting Date - Saturday, July 26, 2008

So, I started this with my albums list, but Stevie (Contributor) had to one up me and do a Top 100 Songs List. I actually found this to be slightly easier than the Album List, but still hard as hell. I am sure I have missed a lot of songs, and I am sure I will make corrections. However, here it is.

*I cannot believe i missed such an important song. If you read my original list, you will notice that my list has gone from 100 to 101. I have added "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn, its all the way up in the top ten. But I made an executive decision not to remove any songs, it was hard enough to trim my first draft from 175 down to 100. So, suck it.


  1. Have You Seen Me Lately (Acoustic) – Counting Crows
  2. Crying Like A Church On Monday – The New Radicals
  3. Creep (Acoustic) – Radiohead
  4. Need Your Love So Bad – Little Willie John
  5. Crazy Love – Van Morrison
  6. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
  7. Collide – Howie Day
  8. Walking In Memphis -- Marc Cohn
  9. A Better Place To Be (Live) – Harry Chapin
  10. Lonelily – Damien Rice
  11. This Years Love – David Gray
  12. Covered In Rain – John Mayer
  13. Let The Drummer Kick That – Citizen Cope
  14. Suspended (Live) – Matt Nathanson
  15. Flight 180 – Bishop Allen
  16. We Got Tonight – Bob Seger
  17. How To Disappear Completely -- Radiohead
  18. Paint It Black – The Rolling Stones
  19. Orange Sky – Alexi Murdoch
  20. Blowers Daughter – Damien Rice
  21. Satellite – Dave Matthews Band.
  22. Heavenly Day – Patty Griffin
  23. Layla (Acoustic) – Eric Clapton
  24. For You – The Format
  25. The Lighthouse Tale – Nickel Creek
  26. Vulnerable – Secondhand Serenade
  27. Motorcycle Drive By – Third Eye Blind
  28. Into The Mystic – Van Morrison
  29. Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
  30. Delicate – Damien Rice
  31. Morning After – Howie Day
  32. Leave – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
  33. You've Got A Friend – James Taylor
  34. He Went To Paris – Jimmy Buffett
  35. Not An Addict – K's Choice
  36. Say It To Me Now – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
  37. Its All Understood – Jack Johnson
  38. Perfect Blue Buildings – Counting Crows
  39. Time After Time – Matchbox Twenty (Cover)
  40. The Professor – Damien Rice
  41. Faith In Fast Cars – The Format
  42. Woman Like A Man – Damien Rice
  43. Name – Goo Goo Dolls
  44. Flood – Jars Of Clay
  45. Hang – Matchbox 20
  46. The Freshman – The Verve Pipe
  47. Could I Be – Wood
  48. La Cienga Just Smiled – Ryan Adams
  49. Shelter – Ray LaMontagne
  50. Wild Horses (Cover) – Jewel
  51. Romeo & Juliet (Cover) – Matt Nathanson
  52. Man On The Side – John Mayer
  53. The Hill – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
  54. Take Me – Edwin McCain
  55. The Dreaming Tree – Dave Matthews Band
  56. Hook – Blues Traveler
  57. Waiting On An Angel – Ben Harper
  58. Better Man – James Morrison
  59. Unfold – Jason Mraz
  60. Banditos – The Refreshments
  61. Last Request – Paolo Nutini
  62. Lie To Me – Johnny Lang
  63. God Of Wine – Third Eye Blind
  64. Tom's Diner – Suzanne Vega
  65. Wonderwall (Cover) – Ryan Adam
  66. Straight To Hell (Live) – Matt Nathanson
  67. I Alone – Live
  68. Sorry – Maria Mena
  69. Not Coming Home – Maroon 5
  70. Son Of A Son Of A Sailor – Jimmy Buffett
  71. End Of Our Days – Howie Day
  72. Corey's Coming (Live) – Harry Chapin
  73. Bellingham – Bishop Allen
  74. Angel – Sarah McLachlan
  75. Walk On The Ocean – Toad The Wet Sprocket
  76. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Cover) – Tori Amos
  77. Can I Hold You – Tracy Chapman
  78. Essaywhuman – The Roots
  79. Don't Speak – No Doubt
  80. Sober – Kelly Clarkson
  81. Ghost/Beams Of Light (Live) Howie Day
  82. The Other Side – David Gray
  83. Colorblind – Counting Crows
  84. Say Goodbye – Dave Matthews Band
  85. Hundred – The Fray
  86. Drive By – Glen Phillips
  87. Tracks Of My Tears (Cover) – Mary Beth
  88. Your Call – Secondhand Serenade
  89. Can I Stay – Ray LaMontagne
  90. Crazy Game Of Poker – O.A.R.
  91. Town Full Of Mannequins – The Nextdoor Neighbors.
  92. Two Beds And A Coffee Machine – Savage Garden
  93. A Friend To Me – Garth Brooks
  94. Winter – Tori Amos
  95. Always Coming Back Home To You -- Atmosphere
  96. More Like You – Erland Cooper
  97. When The Stars Go Blue – Ryan Adams
  98. Brothers On A Hotel Bed – Death Cab For Cutie
  99. Set Fire To The Third Bar – Snow Patrol
  100. Austin – Blake Shelton
  101. Treetop Flyer – Stephen Stills

1 comments:

mandolin picks February 20, 2013 at 5:03 PM  

I am the type of person who does not listen to only one genre of music. With all the songs that are out today both the past and recent, I don't think I could ever come up with my top 100! This is great work! I am glad that most of the songs in your list are also some of my favorites. Thank you for sharing this, I'll make sure I give them a listen.

Post a Comment