Personal Life Soundtrack

>> Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ok, ok, ok. This is not really a list per se. Well, its numbered, so technically, you would be wrong. How does that feel? Always being wrong like that? Hmmm. I wouldn't know. Anyways. I guess, I get your point about how this does not fit in with the previous lists on this lovely blog, and I guess your right. But, this "list" has haunted me, I wrote it a long while ago, but, honestly, I was hasty and did not give it the proper attention it needed. So, it was only posted as a Blog for a beat. But, I, in good faith, could not stand behind it, and it was keeping me awake at night. So, it was promptly removed. This "List" is two years in the making, and to be honest, there are still some songs I question, (first day at school, both driving songs, death of loved one, and consoling).

But I have resigned myself to the knowledge that it will never be finished, well, because, my life is not finished. So, without delay, and with no more adu, my Personal Life Soundtrack.

You can find similar lists available as surveys all over the internet, but being the film nerd I am, I made quite a few additions, my life-movie was missing some key scenes.

1. Opening Credits: You! Me! Dancing! – Los Campesinos!
2. Waking Up Scene: The News From Your Bed – Bishop Allen
3. First Day At School: The Market - The Hush Sound
4. Car Driving Scene: Taxidermy & The Skiffle Explosion – Matt Duke
5. High School Flashback Scene: Hey Ya! – Obadiah Parker
6. Unrequited Love: Undeclared The Dodos
7. Nostalgic Scene: Raining In BaltimoreThe Counting Crows
8. Best Friend Scene: More Like YouErland Cooper
9. Falling In Love: Suspended (acoustic version)Matt Nathanson
10. Prom: She’s MineBrett Dennen
11. Bitter, Angry Scene: Where Have You Been? (Second Half of Song) - Manchester Orchestra
12. Trashing a Bedroom Scene: Rootless TreeDamien Rice
13. Break-up Scene: Sorry Maria Mena
14. Regret Scene: Matches The Format
15. Getting Back Together: Modern NatureSondre Lerche
16. Mistake Scene: Chemical CourageJack Savoretti
17. Nightclub/Bar Scene: Catch My Disease (Live From the Mountain Music Lounge Version)Ben Lee
18. Fight/Action Scene: Where You Don’t BelongOne-Eyed Mule
19. Lawn Mowing Scene: Waiting For My Real Life to BeginColin Hay
20. Death of Loved One Scene: Goodbye YouCraig Lyons
21. Consoling Someone Scene: Heal OverKT Tunstall
22. Sad, breakdown scene: For YouThe Format
23. Life's OK: Alloway GrovePaolo Nutini
24. Mellow: Get The Party Started (cover)Lisa Hannigan
25. Dreaming About Someone Scene: Flight 180Bishop Allen
26. Wedding: You Make It RealJames Morrison
27. Birth of Child: Car CrashMatt Nathanson
28. Sex Scene: Beautiful - Me'Shell Ndegeocello
29. Contemplation Scene: Click Click Click ClickBishop Allen
30. Chase Scene: Mykonos Fleet Foxes
31. Happy Friend Scene: If I Had a Boat - Lyle Lovett
32. Happy Love Scene: Need Your Love So BadLittle Willie John
33. Sad Love Scene: Drown OutGlen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
34. Your Death Scene: Skinny LoveBon Iver
35. Your Funeral Scene: Heavenly Day (Acoustic Version)Patty Griffin
36. Closing Credits: Motorcycle DrivebyThird Eye Blind

Oh, and if you do not know any of these songs, give me a message or a comment and I will be happy to try and get them to you or point you in the right direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment