Best Albums of the Decade - Addi's Version

>> Thursday, December 31, 2009

This is a list I did NOT want to do. Remembering how hard it was to do my best albums of all time, and on top of that, realizing how much I want to change on that list. But, considering that I could not stop writing this list in my head, I figured I would just bite the bullet. This was actually easier than I thought it was going to be, surprisingly. I hope you enjoy. (Reminder, this is my personal list, not a categorical list).

I apologize, I have decieded to include youtube clips rather than reveiws. They are awesome clips, some live, some videos, some acoustic, but they will take a bit to load.

Ok, their are 50 videos below. I would love if you watched them all, but I realize that would be silly, and only I would do that. So, here are my quick recommendations on which videos you should watch based on quality of clip alone.

Howie Day "Sorry So Sorry" Live
Slow Club "It Doesn't Have to be Beautiful" one of my favorite music videos of the year.
fun. "All the Pretty Girls" music video
The Dodos "Fools" live
The Temper Trap "Fader" music video
Paolo Nutini "Last Request" live
Cold War Kids "We Used To Vacation" live and acoustic
Secondhand Serenade "Its Not Over" live and acoustic
Justin Nozuka "Save Him" live
Why? "A Sky For Shoeing Horses Under" amazing music video.
Atmosphere "Guarantees" music video
Arcade Fire "Wake Up" live

*Side Note: I will be re-writing my best albums of all time list. I rediscovered a few and a few more have fallen out of favor. Biggest example of this is Eminem’s albums spotted at number 4.





1. Damien Rice – O


2. Matt Nathanson – At The Point


3. Los Campesinos! – Hold On Now Youngster


4. Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP

5. Bishop Allen – Broken String

6. Howie Day – Australia

7. The Format – B-Sides And Rarities


8. John Mayer – Continuum


9. Damien Rice – 9

10. Slow Club – Yeah So


11. Fun. – Aim And Ignite

12. The Dodos – Visiter


13. David Gray – White Ladder


14. Ryan Adams – Gold


15. Glen Phillips – Abulum

16. Maroon 5 – Songs About Jane

17. Jack Johnson – Brushfire Fairytales


18. Howie Day – Stop All The World Now


19. Atmosphere – Seven’s Travels


20. Manchester Orchestra – I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child


21. David Gray – Life In Slow Motion


22. St. Lunatics – Free City


23. Nickel Creek – Nickel Creek


24. Ray Lamontagne – Trouble


25. The Temper Trap – Conditions


26. Paolo Nutini – These Streets


27. Cold War Kids – Robbers & Cowards


28. The Fray – How To Save A Life


29. Timbaland & Magoo – Indecent Proposal


30. The XX – XX


31. Kanye West – College Drop Out


32. Secondhand Serenade – Awake


33. Musiq Soulchild – Aijuswanaseing


34. Clipse – Lord Willin’


35. Jason Mraz – Mr A-Z


36. Justin Nozuka – Holly


37. James Morrison – Undiscovered


38. N.E.R.D. – In Search Of….


39. Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend


40. The Hush Sound – So Sudden


41. Ray Lamontagne – ‘Til The Sun Turns Black


42. Why? – Alopecia


43. One-Eyed Mule – From The Beats To The Bible


44. Atmosphere – When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold


45. Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago


46. Citizen Cope The Clarence Greenwood Recordings


47. Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes


48. Bubba Sparxx – Deliverance


49. Gavin Degraw – Chariot Stripped

50. Arcade Fire – Funeral

0 comments:

Post a Comment