Fictional Characters I (Stevie) Would Date If They No Longer Were Fictional

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010

So Addi wrote this list of fictional characters he would date if only they weren't, well, made up. Fictional characters make great prospective love interests because they are always "first date" ready. What do I mean by this? No matter what kind of person they are- the wounded bad boy, the thoughtful geek, the clever jokester- they always no what to say, how to make it up to you, and always have the perfect thing to say (thanks jewish writers!) So below is my fictional male character date wish list.

1. Logan Echolls in Veronica Mars (Jason Dohring) : Wounded, sexy, and oh so bad boy in all the right ways. The back and forth love affair of Veronica and Logan is one of my favorite all time love stories on tv and I'd be happy to step in any time.


2. Bobby Keller in Dream a Little Dream (Corey Feldman): Yup, Corey Feldman. This is my all time favorite movie and Bobby Keller is that great mix of cool and deep that just gets me.



3. Drew Baylor in Elizabethtown (Orlando Bloom)


4. Bobby Newman in tv show My Boys (Kyle Howard): Classic good-guy with that totally adorable hair. This guy makes me fall head over heels. Plus his name is Kyle. I had the hardest time finding a video of My Boys so I'm linking here a video of Kyle Howard on CNN. Just seeing his face should be enough for you to understand why!



5. Sebastian Valmont in Cruel Intentions (Ryan Phillipe): Yea he's a douche at the beginning of the movie (and he supposedly bangs Tara Reid which shows he has no taste) but his transformation after meeting Annette totally saves this character for me.



6. Van Wilder in Van Wilder (Ryan Reynolds): I pretty much could have picked any of Ryan's movies/shows- Just Friends, The Proposal, Two Guys A Girl and a Pizza Place... since Ryan basically plays himself in every acting job he does. I adore him, he's funny, he's hot, he has great hair. Once again his only draw back is doing Tara Reid in this movie. Otherwise, mmmmm...



7. Chris McCandless of Into the Wild - okay so technically this is a real person but I love the way Emile Hirsch plays him that I count him as a character (plus I love Emile Hirsch and would love to date him in any form, even Johnny Truelove). Someone who is willing to give up everything and really live? That's inspiring.



8. Cameron James in 10 Things I Hate About You (Joseph Gordon Levitt): Yes in this movie he's a high schooler and in many ways I'd like to date Joseph Gordon Levitt's character in 500 Days of Summer sans the whiney baby stuff- but in this movie he is just so sweet and comes in to his own, it's when I fell in love with JGL so maybe there's a bias there? Maybe I want to date the actor not the character? Hmm....




9. Romeo in Romeo and Juliet (the movie version- Leonardo DiCaprio): Wounded bad boy again, sometimes rash, doesn't recognize consequences but tragically gorgeous all at the same time. Are we seeing a pattern?



10. Brian Shelby in Vanilla Sky (Jason Lee): A writer trying to make it. Classic. No good videos up of the Brian Shelby brilliance so I'm including this great picture.

1 comments:

Addi April 18, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

I love how you would date logan and i would date veronica. Its a strange thing to have in common. And on top of that, until writing these blogs, we had never even talked about our mutual admiration for this show. How did I not know you loved VM? crazy. one of my all time favorite tv shows. Its gonna end up number 2 on my best tv drama's of all time list. I just need to find one more good drama to make it an even 13 before I can post.
Its also strange that we have Elizabethtown in common, but not as much so. I can totally see you into that guy.
You surprised me with Cameron from 10 things, he is just so whiny and obsessive, two things you HATE. but i get your reasoning.
And I loathe you picking Cruel Intentions. Are you begging for an STD. even at the end of the movie, he still broke her heart, up until he didnt.

Post a Comment