Songs of the Day: "I Won't Be Found," "The Gardener" & "Pistol Dreams" By The Tallest Man On Earth

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

So, I picked up an album yesterday, because I like the name of the (one person) band. I had no other reason to get it, but sometimes we tumble into happy accidents. The Tallest Man on Earth is just one of those accidents. For one of the first times, I agree with pitchfork.com on their review of this record.


As it stands, as of 4/18/2010, this is one of the best records of the year. Top spot possible, top three probable.

This video that I am posting, is not songs from his new album, as it was just released this last Tuesday, but its a good example of what this guy does. I want to avoid the Bob Dylan connection that you will surely hear, but, it is unavoidable, but as I have told a few people while talking about this record, sometimes, while trying to emulate your heroes, you fail and stumble into yourself....

I also urge you to look below the video where I have placed a playlist with the most recent release "The Wild Hunt"

This clip is 3 songs long, its from
NPR.ORG's Tiny Desk Series.

"I Won't Be Found," "The Gardener" & "Pistol Dreams" By The Tallest Man On Earth

0 comments:

Post a Comment