Band of the Week: The Antlers

>> Monday, September 20, 2010

I don't have a plethora of words tonight. It is has been a long long life/day. But this band seems to fit the weather, pace, expectations, and stale movements of life lately. And that sounds way more emo than I meant it. I am talking about summer stumbling into winter and the broken grace that shapes those steps.

If you have read my blog, you will have already heard one of these songs more than a couple times. It was a frequent song of the day last year, and eventually taking hold of the #3 song of the year. The album climbed from #11 up to #7 on my last quarterly review. It is the kind of album that takes hold of you, defines you for that three and half minutes, and makes everything in the world feel incredibly large and infinitely small at the exact same time.

Band of the Week: The Antlers
"Bear"

"Two"

"Kettering"

0 comments:

Post a Comment