Top 33 John Mayer Songs of All Time

>> Thursday, November 18, 2010

This might be the stupidest blog I have ever published. I mean, who does this? Who takes the time out of their life to put such mundane info into ordered lists? 

I do. It is just how my mind works.

I have had this list in my back pocket for years. I have similar lists for some of my other favorite artists who have extensive catalogs as well. Like I said, it's just how my mind works. 

I know there is a lot of flack that surrounds John Mayer, most of which I have already covered here. But, honestly, the man is a beast. He is easily the best guitar player out there today, refer to the first song below or link above to see proof. I think when all is said and done, 20 years from now, he will be considered rock and roll royalty from this, and hopefully the up coming decades. I mean, the guy has 7 Grammy's and he is only 33. Beast.

Below you will find that I have ranked his best 33 songs. 33, just because that when I felt like quitting. 

This blog was a lot more fun to write than I expected it would be. Expect others. 


Read more after the jump....


1. Covered in Rain
2. Gravity
3. Man On The Side

4. Comfortable
5. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
6. Victoria
7. Dreaming With A Broken Heart
8. Breakaway
9. Midnight/Quiet
10. My Stupid Mouth
11. Why Georgia?
12. I'm Gonna Find Another You
13. I Don’t Trust Myself (With Loving You)
14. Neon
15. Sucker
16. City Love
17. Vultures (John Mayer Trio Version)
18. Back To You
19. Say
20. Who Says
21. In Your Atmosphere
22. The Heart of Life
23. Love Song For No One
24. 3X5
25. Why Did You Mess With Forever?
26. Belief
27. No Such Thing
28. Stop This Train
29. St. Patrick’s Day
30. 83
31. Come Back To Bed
32. Love Soon
33. Daughters


6 comments:

Rodrigo_Campos January 5, 2012 at 6:04 AM  

Good Post!!! More useful than you think...speacilly for me.....

I started listen to John Mayer few months ago through a friend. Very nice guitar skills, vocal and melodies......

I downloaded all studio albums (need to get the LIVE ones...) and I want to make a folder with the best of........I wanted to check the fans opinios and also the music experts......

Why heartbreak warfare is missing?


Good to read your blog...greetins from Brazi......
you have a new follower......

Rodrigo.

Anonymous,  September 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM  

Vultures is also a good song!

Anonymous,  August 25, 2013 at 7:36 AM  

I like it. It's a great idea actually :P

Anonymous,  September 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM  

Made me remember some of the songs I haven't heard in years. Heart skipped a beat remembering Man on the Side, Why Did You Mess with Forever, Covered in Rain. Can't wait to find and download. Thank you!

Anonymous,  April 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM  

No bullshit best to worst
Better list:
Something like olivia
Age of worry
Queen of california
Free fallin
Crossroads
Gravity
Paper doll
Vultures
Waiting on the world to change
Neon
Your Body Is a Wonderland
Say
No Such Thing
Slow dancing burning room
daughters
on the way home
in your atmosphere
heart break warfare
sucker

Anonymous,  August 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM  

Paper Doll is the best

Post a Comment