Song of the Day: "Runaway" by Kanye West

>> Sunday, December 5, 2010

I REALLY really wanted to hate this album. Like, I wanted to buy it, just to say I listened to it and thought it was shit. I had my whole speech worked out and everything. But, this album is incredible. It feels dirty saying that. I have never been one to jump on the pop culture train, because it is usually on a course to safe and mediocre. But, on that rare occasion, it detours to extraordinary. This album is going to be impactful for the next year. Like Lauren Hill's "Miseducation" this record is going to cross every boundary, infuse itself in all levels of life. Kanye West is on a different level. He is doing things that will be remembered. I hate saying it, but it's true. This SOTD is not even my favorite song of the day, but the video is great.

Check out song below, but understand it is just an excerpt from a 35 min short film that is truly worth watching. you can find it here. It has mini videos from like 6 songs, including my favorite, entitled "Lost In The World - Ft. Bon Iver."

"Runaway" by Kanye West

0 comments:

Post a Comment