Year In Music: Best 50 Songs of 2010

>> Sunday, January 2, 2011

So, my crazy knows no bounds. This year, I have a best songs list that totals 50 tunes. And it was hard to narrow it down to that. But I did my best.
How I made the list.... As the year went on, when I was cycling through my 2010 songs, if I found one I liked, I gave it five stars. Then I set up my iPod to automatically sort all '10 releases with high marks. When all was said and down, I had exactly 175 songs that had earned that rating. I realize that sounds like a lot, but its not like I am a song slut. You have to keep in mind that I purchased 163 albums/EP's this year. All in all, that totals 1352 total songs. That gives favorable marks on just over 12% of songs. So, yeah, I am actually pickier than it seems. Anyways.... Here are the songs.

View The List Here....


1. The Middle East -- Blood



2. The Head And The Heart -- Down In The Valley (Very cool version filmed in a highschool classroom. Very chill)



3. Wakey!Wakey! -- Feral Love



4. Vampire Weekend -- Cousins



5. Girls -- Lust For Life



6. The Tallest Man On Earth -- Love Is All



7. The Head And The Heart -- Sounds Like Hallelujah (Old clip. Same great song)



8. The Middle East -- The Darkest Side



9. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis -- Otherside (feat. Fences)



10. Samantha Crain -- Lions



11. Wakey!Wakey! -- Dance So Good



12. Yeasayer -- Ambling Alp



13. Wakey!Wakey! -- Ambling Alp



14. Janelle Monáe -- Tightrope (Feat. Big Boi)



15. Yeasayer -- O.N.E.



16. Steel Train -- Fall Asleep



17. The Morning -- Benders Excuses



18. Mumford & Sons -- After The Storm



19. First Aid Kit -- I Met Up With The King



20. Kanye West -- Lost In The World [Explicit]



21. White Hinterland -- Icarus



22. Born Ruffians -- What to Say (Maybe my favorite video of the year)



23. Casey Shea -- The River Still (Featuring Wakey!Wakey!)



24. Kanye West -- Runaway



25. Fences -- Girls With Accents



26. Chromeo -- I'm Not Contagious



27. Dum Dum Girls -- Baby Don't Go



28. Deradoorian -- You are Dangerous



29. The Dead Weather -- Old Mary



30. Wakey!Wakey! -- Almost Everything



31. The Head and the Heart -- Rivers and Roads

The Head and The Heart - Rivers & Roads (A Doe Bay Session Extra) from Sound on the Sound on Vimeo.



32. Damien Jurado -- Beacon Hill



33. The Black Keys -- Too Afraid To Love You



34. The Tallest Man On Earth -- Kids on the Run



35. the bird and the bee -- I Can't Go For That



36. Austin Hartley-Leonard -- In My Sleep



37. Frightened Rabbit -- The Wrestle



38. Girls -- Hellhole Ratrace



39. Greta Morgan -- Children in the 90's (I'm Not the Same)



40. The Head And The Heart -- Winter Song



41. Niki & The Dove -- DJ, Ease My Mind



42. Steel Train -- Bullet



43. The Tallest Man On Earth -- The Dreamer



44. Niki & The Dove -- Under The Bridges



45. Gold Motel -- Make Me Stay



46. Lo-Fi-Fnk -- Sleepless



47. Mimicking Birds -- The Loop



48. Los Campesinos! -- Letters From Me to Charlotte (RSVP)



49. Gold Motel - Summer House (Greta Solo)



50. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis -- The Town (Sabzi Remix)


2 comments:

Chris November 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

I've been going through your top 50 last few days. Great blog you have here, you deserve more followers/comments with all the effort you put into this.

Blood by The Middle East was a terrific tune! Thanks for bringing to my attention Niki & The Dove , and the obscure Steel Train cover album really impressed me too. I added some of those tracks to my own list.

If you want to compare, here are my top 100 songs of 2010:

http://moviesandsongs365.blogspot.com/2011/07/top-100-songs-of-2010.html

Addi November 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

Wow, thanks for checking things out. I saw your comment on the Album Covers blog a few back, and meant to comment back, but got distracted. But, I did check out both your links, and you reminded me about Adam Cohen. I totally forgot about him. have not listened to him since his "cry ophelia" days like 10 years ago. I'm excited to check him out again.

I'm gonna spend the rest of the day sorting through your 100+(!) songs of 2010. Impressive so far. You even slipped a few bands I don't know by me. It's gonna be a good time looking through it all.

Thanks again. I appreciated it.

Post a Comment