Band of the Week: The Oh Wells

>> Sunday, March 20, 2011

Band Of The Week: The Oh Wells
(Photo taken from the bands Facebook Page)
Canada does good! I know as a Washingtonian it is my right and duty to make fun of all things Canadian, but I cannot muster the enthusiasm when it comes to this lovely band.

I was unable to attend this years Sound Off! music competition. So, I had my own little contest. I picked up the EP of each of the four finalists (Northern Departure, Fit For Hounds, Tomten, and The Oh Wells), and although all were good, and Tomten officially won, if I had a vote, it would go to this quirky ensemble.

Yes, they have a bit of Regina Spektor in them with some She and Him mixed in, but they truly stand on their own. With sharp hooks and biting quirk they have worked out their own niche.

"Is It Too Late To Apologize"


"Closure"


"I Hate The Sun"

0 comments:

Post a Comment