Band of the Week: Youth Rescue Mission

>> Sunday, March 13, 2011

Band of the Week: Youth Rescue Mission
(Photo taken from bands Facebook,)

Bands like this make me feel like I got shorted by the sisters I was assigned. How my family grew up stuffing each other into clothes dryers and trying to trick one another into brushing their teeth with Clorox, when this family can grow up making sounds like these, is really not fair.

Youth Rescue Mission, a Seattle band, by way of Montana, has me all in a tizzy. This group of siblings make noises to die for. I keep trying to string together other artists to give you a good description/comparison of style/sound, but all combo's fall short. Yes, you can hear a bit of The Head and the Heart, a dollop of Blind Pilot, a tad of Hey Marseilles, and a smidge of Choir of Young Believers, but in only the littlest of amounts. They are distinctly their own. And I am loving it. Shoo in to be included in my best albums of the year list. 

I hope the band does not mind. Their music has not flooded YouTube yet, so I uploaded two of my favorite tracks to go along with this great live, acoustic performance.

"Very Nice Things" 

"Floorplan"

"Problem Solver"

0 comments:

Post a Comment