Song of the Day: "Benediction" by Thurston Moore

>> Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let me tell you a story about a girl and a boy many years back attending a Bumbershoot concert. They sat in the stands waiting for Sonic Youth, a favorite band of their youth, to come out and listened absently as they audio guys did sound check. Eight minutes later they realized Sonic Youth was already on stage and this sound check was indeed Sonic Youths new sound. Sad times. Fast forward to 2011 when alas I stumble upon Thurston Moore's new "Benediction." I am excited about this new solo effort if it sounds any thing like this. It's so new there isn't a video (that I can find, here I defer to my co-blogger the video extraodinaire, to find one). In the meantime follow this link to listen on the NPR website...


0 comments:

Post a Comment