Song of the Day: "Good Night" by The Rural Alberta Advantage

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I am a fan of this band, they were actually my Band of the Week way back in May.
I had this to say about them then, and its still fitting today... "Is it a "great" voice? No, but he sings with feeling and emotion, like whining in key, and I do not at all mean that as a slight. And its not what they do with their instruments that is impressive, its their refrain that shows strength and confidence in their sound. They let the quite be important. The missing bass guitar be an advantage rather than a detriment. It's quite something...."

I held my breathe for this release, worried it would fall short from all the things I loved about "Hometowns" and be a let down like Bishop Allen's "Grrr..." or Los Campesinos! "Romance Is Boring" albums were. Disappointment. It always seems to work out that way. But, so far, I have pushed past my apprehensions and really started to love this record. This song especially kills me.

"Good Night" by The Rural Alberta Advantage

0 comments:

Post a Comment