Song of the Day: "A Little Bit Of Everything" by Dawes

>> Sunday, July 10, 2011

I realize I just posted a song of the day, and it actually took loads of work, (i had to create and upload the clip to youtube). But, I am calling a mulligan.
I have been spending the latter part of the afternoon letting music wash over me, numb to the individual pings and twangs and just enjoying the noise. It was the perfect afternoon activity. Until this song came on and choked me out of my self induced stupor. It ruined a splendid day of listening and not hearing, and I could not be more grateful. It is a pleasure to find that Harry Chapin-esque song writing like this still exists.

And, on top of everything else, this may be my favorite record of the year. You know me, I'm super picky.

"A Little Bit Of Everything" by Dawes

0 comments:

Post a Comment