Best of 2011: Favorite Songs: 40-21

>> Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Here is how I determined this list. I consider every song I can get my hands on in the year. This year that means 1,942 songs, and I make a smart playlist on my iPod. Every song that I love I give a 5 star rating, and they all get sorted together. And then, I trim from there, song by song.

I know. Each year the best songs list gets longer and longer. But this year, there is justification. If you read my best albums post, you will know this is the year of the song. And if I tried, and, when I say tried, I mean, if just didn't stop myself, this list would be 200 songs long. This year may be lacking in an overabundance in complete albums, but, when it comes to songs, it was uniquely jam packed with quality tunes. Here are my favorite 80 of 2011 (broken into the next 4 posts so it doesn't crash your flash player).

Fair warning, there is no Bon Iver on this list. It is not that I do not like the album, or tracks, I just don't think it is the end all record of the year like everyone else does.
View 80-61 Here.
View 60-41 Here. 
40-21
40. Up All Night – French Horn Rebellion


39. Comes In Waves – Psychologist


38. Get Some – Lykke Li


37. Comeback Kid (That's My Dog) – Brett Dennen


36. I'll Be The One You Want Someday – Jessica Lea Mayfield


35. From The Woods – James Vincent McMorrow


34. Run – Matt Nathanson Ft. Sugerland


33. Backseat – Bryan John Appleby


32. Sweetness – Pearl And The Beard


31. Colours – Grouplove


30. Everywhere I Go – Lissie


29. Fish – Wye Oak


28. I Hate The Sun – The Oh Wells


27. David – Noah Gundersen


26. We Are Young (Feat. Janelle Monáe) – fun.


25. Otis – Jay Z & Kanye West


24. Lead Me Home – FM Radio


23. Say So – Allen Stone


22. American Wedding – Frank Ocean


21. Barton Hollow – The Civil Wars


0 comments:

Post a Comment