Song of the Day: "Forget Me Not" by The Civil Wars

>> Monday, December 5, 2011

I feel like I have not given enough recent due to The Civil Wars. At one point they were the most commonly, and if you ask my co-blogger, annoyingly mentioned band on this meager blog (just click the tag for The Civil Wars at the bottom, and you'll see. Listologies loves The Civil Wars). And now, they are a Grammy Nominated world dominating force. Now, normally I am exactly the kind of guy who rebels against a band that he (quote unquote) found first but then blew up. Normally I would start to slowly resent them for it. But. I have not come across a band who deserves the success they are having more than The Civil Wars.

From playing small bars like The Tractor Tavern in Seattle (great show btw), to stealing the show at SxSW, I have watched with bated breath. And now, you better f'n believe I will be there rooting on their success this award season. The Civil Wars are a class act with a superb album that has a guaranteed spot in my top 13 of 2011.

"Forget Me Not" by The Civil Wars

0 comments:

Post a Comment