Song of the Day: "A Lion's Roar" by First Aid Kit

>> Wednesday, January 4, 2012

There are always a couple albums that before the year starts I look forward to gleefully. Last year, I was ultra excited for the Slow Club, Summer Camp, The Civil Wars and the Manchester Orchestra records. This year, starts out much like that one. As there are several albums that are making me giddy before they are even released, including Chairlift, Right Away Great Captain!, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Pickwick (hopefully), Lemolo (hopefully), Choir Of Young Believers, and the featured band today, First Aid Kit.

This is a sister duo that I fell in love with back in 2009, and 2010. In fact, they landed themselves firmly on my best albums of 2010 list, and it was a well deserved spot. I still listen to that record frequently. They are playing a show in Seattle on my birthday this year, and you know I am going to be there, hoping to see another Faceplant Keyboard Solo. If this song is any indication of how good their upcoming album (Jan. 24th release) is going to be, it is going to be a hell of a 2012.

"A Lion's Roar" by First Aid Kit

0 comments:

Post a Comment