Shit I Like vol. 2

>> Sunday, September 2, 2012

Here is some more shit I like right now.

1. The Native Sibling - The Tinderbox Sessions. 
The Native Sibling are my preemptive favorite band. Luckily the band has been kind enough to share some of their sounds with me, and I am in love. But, those noises are not out there for all to enjoy just yet, so I cannot declare them my favorite band. See how that works. But, luckily for all you of, they just released a two track EP called The Tinderbox Sessions that you can get at their bandcamp page for only a buck-ninety-nine.
Or, if you are lazy, you can watch the videos of the songs right here and swoon.

"Weather Veins" - The Native Sibling


"Save Home" - The Native Sibling


2. "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher
I have never loved and hated a book so much at the same time as I did while reading Jay Asher's "Thirteen Reasons Why" This book ruined my week, in the best way possible. It cuts deep, but is so beautifully written that you pride the incisions it gives you. It literally took me a week to recover and pick up a new book. It was that impactful. It is not a book for everyone, but it should be. I hate/thank Stevie for recommending it to me.

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list. Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.
3. Goodreads.com
Looking at my webtraffic, when taking into account my iPhone, it goes something like this: Gmail, Facebook, Goodreads, Youtube, Blog.
Yeah, Goodreads is right up there in the top 3. I mean I know I go there a lot, but I never realized it was that much. Goodreads is a social networking site for book lovers. Goodreads is the largest site in the world for readers, and now the 10th largest social networking site on the web. I am what some call and avid reader, and this is what I call home.


0 comments:

Post a Comment